List of people supporting Riecoin

lzknv

Re: Composing a new Riecoin team

Post by lzknv » 18 Dec 2018, 22:29

Pttn, I understand your concern that few people with interest have delivered concrete work so far. I think many people love Riecoin but actually have no experience with crypto development. That's why we need a tech leader like you, who could give newbies essential guidance on what to do / pointers to start with. Please write more tech docs like these "how to" docs you have for mining. You can also write some "design doc" for projects you have in mind but don't have time to do and someone can try to understand the design and pick up the implementation.

For me the first thing I want to look into is an Android wallet. The simplest solution could be wrapping a webview loading the cryptap web wallet. Does that sound like a bet? Or, if you think there is a real Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin android wallet we should use as a base maybe give me a pointer. Thanks!

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 20 Dec 2018, 23:26

I think that we should do much more than just a simple wrapper that loads the Cryptapus' JsWallet; why not just go directly to his website?

To create an Android (or more generally, a thin wallet that does not need to sync), you should look at the Bitcoin wallets list and compare yourself the different options. Most should be open source with a permissive license, so what we can do is to fork one of these and adapt it for Riecoin. Maybe you will also need some servers to store the data fetched by the wallet; guytp the Zapple owner is willing to provide such resources, do not hesitate to contact him.

Another way is to write a thin wallet from scratch, first for Desktop, then port it to Android. If it is written really well and works pretty good, other coins could fork it and it will help to make Riecoin more known!
For this, but also if you fork an existing wallet, you need to learn how Bitcoin works. What are addresses, how transactions are created, how coins are spent (what are inputs and outputs), how the nodes communicate,...

A good start for "concrete theory" is my rieTools repository, where you will find 1 code that will generate private keys and addresses. This is not much, but nice to start. There are also tools related to the Riecoin's proof of work.
What you could do then is one small program that generates transactions. There are many tutorials about this (for Bitcoin, but easily adaptable to Riecoin). If you manage this, you could also do a pull request in my rieTools repository so future developers can study easily how transactions are created from your code.
And then one tool that communicates with a Riecoin-Qt wallet open in your computer (useful documentation for this) and fetch basic data like the blockheight. Use the raw protocol, not RPC calls.
Then adapt it to communicate with not only your wallet but also others nodes if they allow it.
Once these steps achieved, you can start your wallet from scratch. Add a Gui, etc. Or use what you learned to fork one of the existing wallets and make it work for Riecoin.

You will in all cases need a lot of patience, and must not give up too fast. In another hand, I would like to see some code from you. Please also create a topic when you start, so we can see the progress.

I could write guides but do not have much time now unfortunately. But there is plenty of documentation about the Bitcoin internals. Here is one interesting article. To adapt for Riecoin, there should be only a few constants to change, except things related to its proof of work of course.
With these indications, you should be able to find by yourself where to go and what you need. Of course, I or people like clo1 are still here if you have specific questions. Good luck!
rieMiner - Riecoin solo + pooled miner
Personal Riecoin page (links, download,...)
freebitco.in - earn up to $200 in BTC each hour!

lzknv

Post by lzknv » 31 Dec 2018, 23:01

Hi Pttn,

Thank you very much for providing handful guidance on where to start with. I finally managed to do a little work by the end of 2018. I just made a pull request to the rietools project please review.

This is a small feature that allows user to provide some of the random numbers used to generate private keys. This allows real randomness, e.g. from a physical dice and makes the keys more secure. Hopefully this helps me understanding how to work with the Riecoin core team and then we can look forward for more meaningful contributions in the new year.

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 04 Jan 2019, 01:35

I reviewed the pull request and gave you feedback.

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 07 Jan 2019, 23:13

After some time after my initial suggestion, I realize that the best is still to let the community magic work, there is no real need for any official team, though good organization is always better for maximum efficiency.

Finally the purpose of this list is to let people know who is currently actively working or supporting Riecoin.
I am editing the first post and the subject title to reflect this.
New people that want to get involved in Riecoin are obviously still more than welcome.

Pttn

Re: List of people supporting Riecoin

Post by Pttn » 17 Feb 2019, 12:05

lzknv and aiko no longer candidates for lack of results.