List of people supporting Riecoin

Pttn

List of people supporting Riecoin

Post by Pttn » 26 Nov 2018, 20:26

With gatra becoming a ghost and no trace from past developers, this project is becoming chaotic and stagnating. In order to advance, we need to be well organized, and to find and choose active and consistent people supporting the project.

I initially proposed to compose a new official Riecoin team, but realized that the best is still to let the community magic work.
So I am simply compiling a list of known people actively working or supporting Riecoin, which may help to know quickly who to contact if new people want to get involved:
  • Developers:
    • Riecoin Core: clo1 and cryptapus (both worked/ing on 0.16.3, cryptapus also created some useful Riecoin software on his website) ;
    • rieMiner: Pttn, Rockhawk
    • We need developers for thin wallets
  • Pool owners: XpoolX (... XpoolX), ziiip (ublock.it)
  • Other notable supporters: IGJ (this forum's admin), guytp (Zapple exchange founder)
  • We may need financial supporters, for example for exchange listings or advertising
Former important supporter(s): dga, gatra (original founder, but not responding)
Other people: Simba84 (RiePool owner but no personal activity since a really long time)

Candidates (have yet to provide some useful contributions to Riecoin): none

Original suggestion:
Subject: Composing a new Riecoin team

With gatra becoming a ghost and no trace from past developers, this project is becoming chaotic and stagnating. In order to advance, we need to be well organized, and to find and choose active and consistent people supporting the project.

So, I propose that we compose a new Riecoin team. Here is a suggestion of some important roles to assume:
  • Leader(s): this role will simply replace gatra. Someone taking this responsibility will ensure that Riecoin goes in a good direction, that all other team member are doing well, and will take important decisions, like making Riecoin Core official or deciding if a fork should happen. These persons will represent Riecoin and for example be in charge of contacting exchanges for listing Riecoin. Also, they decide who are part of the team;
  • Developers: we need people for maintaining Riecoin Core, rieMiner and any other important Riecoin software. There should be more than one developer working on Riecoin Core, and they should be able to catch up important Bitcoin Core updates quickly. Everyone here has to ensure that the code never becomes outdated. Motivated pool owners are also welcome to be part of the team;
  • Community Manager(s): for advertising Riecoin and spread its use. Someone assuming this role should be continuously searching for new communities to reach and be active in the Riecoin related forums (answer to questions, reply to people asking why Riecoin is a good altcoin,...).
We also need a new official website, and at least one person of the Community Managers has to maintain it. The website would contain explanations, links to important websites (community, exchanges,...) and softwares, official downloads, a news section, etc. We have riecoin-community.com, though I am not sure if IGJ is willing to create and maintain a new official website.

In this topic, you can discuss/debate about this idea and also propose yourself (or someone else) if you agree to compose a new Riecoin team and are very motivated. Of course, in order to be part of the team, there should be proofs that you can assume it.
Last edited by Pttn on 17 Feb 2019, 12:04, edited 9 times in total.
rieMiner - Riecoin solo + pooled miner
Personal Riecoin page (links, download,...)
freebitco.in - earn up to $200 in BTC each hour!

tgspring

Re: Composing a new Riecoin team

Post by tgspring » 28 Nov 2018, 00:32

I agree to compose a new Riecoin team.

czakris

Post by czakris » 28 Nov 2018, 10:23

Yes, that's a very good idea.

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 28 Nov 2018, 12:35

As there are people agreeing here, I posted this suggestion in BitcoinTalk to give it more exposure.

We really need to structure Riecoin to advance. I hope that there will be motivated people willing to be a lot active for Riecoin.

rcman

Post by rcman » 01 Dec 2018, 18:42

I agree entirely too, the current situation is critical! Sadly I'm too busy to participate reliably, I can just say that I hope a new team will be created with motivated and smart people and will push this project forward!

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 02 Dec 2018, 16:08

Nice to see some support, but is nobody else actually wanting to take part of such new team and able to be active?
If we do not organize soon, we will continue to stagnate. 0.16.3 should have been made official since a long time, way before Block 1000000!

lzknv

Post by lzknv » 16 Dec 2018, 21:03

100% agree. We should proceed without waiting for Gatra for anything.

I nominate myself as a developer. I am trying to understand the core codebase now...

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 17 Dec 2018, 13:03

lzknv wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 21:03
100% agree. We should proceed without waiting for Gatra for anything.

I nominate myself as a developer. I am trying to understand the core codebase now...
Nice. Now we are counting on you to deliver some work and prove that you can be a reliable developer for Riecoin.

I will edit the first post to reflect the current situation and summarize who does what for now.

Personally, at least for now, I will claim the leader role. And obviously the miner dev one.

aiko

Post by aiko » 18 Dec 2018, 10:29

Count me in too.

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 18 Dec 2018, 12:23

aiko wrote:
18 Dec 2018, 10:29
Count me in too.
Motivation is good, but how can I be sure that you will be reliable?
I could also say that I have 30+ years of experience in C++/Java/Lisp/Haskell/PHP/MySQL/... development...
You posted only 1 message in BitcoinTalk.

You must provide solid work for Riecoin and we must be sure that you will always be present for new work like upgrading Riecoin Core to 0.17.0 and later. Please contact clo1 and collaborate with him first to see what you can do.
This paragraph also applies to lzknv, though you seem to be present here for a bit longer in the community. You said since a while that you would work on the 0.16.3 update, but did not post any code/commit anything. Please finally do something concrete. If the Riecoin Core code is not your thing, you can also work on a Android wallet for example, or anything that can help Riecoin. Or take a Community Manager role and work on the new website. I edited the summary to reflect better the situation, you cannot be a part of the team unless you finally provide something.

To be clear, we do not want people only writing words without doing actual work in our team.