Ideas to make RIC coins useful and Riecoin more known

Pttn

Ideas to make RIC coins useful and Riecoin more known

Post by Pttn » 26 Nov 2018, 17:54

Most RIC buyers are getting coins only by pure speculation. In Zapple, I saw many sell orders appearing with the same amount as a buy order that just got filled: many people are buying just to resell as soon as possible as a better price. Nobody seems to be really buying for holding, or concrete applications.

I hate people saying that Riecoin is a shitcoin, but they have a point here. We need to counter this argument by taking action and make Riecoin useful as a payment mean and find new applications to make people buying Riecoin for its value and not for quick buck. Even if we manage to upgrade the wallet, list to new exchanges, and make the price recover, all this work is useless if this is only to help speculation. So I invite everyone to expose ideas to spread the Riecoin usage here, and even better, to take actions if they can.

Someone proposed to contact game developers, this sounds good... Why not use Riecoin for some tokens or rewards system in a game. So if someone knows someone who is developing a game which could benefit from Riecoin, it will be a good start to convince this person to use it (and accept donations in RIC).

Speaking about donations, it will help a lot if we can convince some writers and artists to accept donations in Riecoin and promote it at the same time, especially if they have a lot of followers! An interesting target are bloggers or Youtubers that speak about science in general or mathematics in particular. If you read a lot of blogs, try to contact your favorite blogger to tell about Riecoin.

We can also think about what makes Riecoin special, its useful Proof of Work, and find how to make use of this to promote the coin. To beat the current sextuplet world record, we will need to reach Difficulty ~3450. Beating and holding this record will make good advertising to people interested in prime numbers, which could motivate them to join us as new miners. They can also help us improve the miner even more. If there are Mathematics Phds or professors here working on prime numbers, they are welcome to spread the word about Riecoin. Why not try to make Riecoin the main reference for prime constellations searching.

We could fund an attractive prize in RIC to reward new records holders, if they used Riecoin related software.

There must be other practical ways to spread Riecoin usage in and outside the cryptosphere, and make RIC interesting to buy and own. Please share here any idea on how to make people buying and holding RIC. Also do not forget that while it is good to have ideas, we need to concretise them, which is even harder. We need motivated people to support Riecoin. Anyone?
rieMiner - Riecoin solo + pooled miner
Personal Riecoin page (links, download,...)
freebitco.in - earn up to $200 in BTC each hour!

rcman

Re: Ideas to make RIC coins useful and Riecoin more known

Post by rcman » 01 Dec 2018, 19:34

Can't we make a sort of interest system where half of blocks rewards will automatically and proportionally go to holders? This will make RIC neat to hold and people not wanting to sell!

The current daily interest will be 1*576*12.5/45881010 = 0.0157%, yearly compounded interest will be 5.89%, better than banks, without risk!

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 02 Dec 2018, 15:49

This sounds like a great idea! As this is probably doable by hard forking, we can discuss about this in this topic.
rieMiner - Riecoin solo + pooled miner
Personal Riecoin page (links, download,...)
freebitco.in - earn up to $200 in BTC each hour!

lzknv

Post by lzknv » 01 Jan 2019, 02:30

I noticed that Riecoin is now minable with just an ordinary laptop (one block per day)

I think ASIC resistent is a key feature we should promote to everyone. There is NO such coin, POW, with long solid history, and still CPU minable. Everyone could mine with a laptop, if I am correct, was the original vision of Satoshi.