Superblocks discussion

Pttn

Superblocks discussion

Post by Pttn » 16 Sep 2018, 21:05

Did anyone here ever mine once a Superblock? Talk about anything related to them in this topic!

Unfortunately, I never found a Superblock. I just once found a 5-tuple during one... At least, i have another achievement, having found once two blocks in a row... Which might be even more difficult than finding a Superblock :p ?

- First Superblock (then one each 4032 blocks/~1 week): 160848 found by ypool.net (dead since long), difficulty 2101
- Hardest Superblock: 822096 found by RVnH5j5LMLf7zbk61eSZNvvyaGY8ziZ2t3, difficulty 2564
- Easiest Superblock: 358416 found by XPoolX, difficulty 1758

Do not hesitate to correct me if something is wrong.
Last edited by Pttn on 27 Sep 2018, 15:43, edited 2 times in total.
rieMiner - Riecoin solo + pooled miner
Personal Riecoin page (links, download,...)
freebitco.in - earn up to $200 in BTC each hour!

czakris

Re: Superblocks finders

Post by czakris » 19 Sep 2018, 22:50

My highest noticed score was something with this message. Anyway I am dissapointed because before I got 25RIC and now only 22,66RIC
[0000:08:39] 4-tuple found... Actually it was a 5-tuple... No, no... A 6-tuple =
BLOCK!!!!!!
I've done it on Sieve = 2147483648, trying more is ridiculously slow and I was unable to finish generate Eratostenes stage. Or maybe I wasn't patient enough.
ps.
Now I am trying self-compiled rieMiner 0.9β2.1

ziiip

Post by ziiip » 27 Sep 2018, 00:43

I don't think many users will be keen on bragging about their superblocks found by proving they own the wallet ;)

Considering we have no idea who runs this forum(or any forum for that matter) I would recommend everyone keep their personal info as private as possible

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 27 Sep 2018, 14:58

The idea is to have a sort of competition to encourage people to mine and make the network more valuable. This would become more interesting if the difficulty recovers and reach new highs to allow again record breaks.

If people are paranoids, this is a shame. What thief would care that someone just mined 694 RIC... But fair enough, maybe are you yourself stealing emails and passwords of uBlock.it users ;-D. We can still use this topic to talk about superblocks found by everyone in general and records news.

As you can see, Poloniex spoiled everything with their ridiculous wallet maintenance and the delisting. The record was Difficulty 2564, and the current difficulty is even lower than 4 years ago. We should currently be at Difficulty 2000 and more with Superblocks at about 3000... There will be a long path to overflow rieMiner which supports up to Difficulty 32767 (which is about 400 billions times harder than the current difficulty 1343, assuming that a ratio of ~1.46 for the difficulty number actually means a 24-fold difficulty)...
rieMiner - Riecoin solo + pooled miner
Personal Riecoin page (links, download,...)
freebitco.in - earn up to $200 in BTC each hour!

IGJ

Re: Superblocks discussion

Post by IGJ » 05 Oct 2018, 15:08

I personally did not found any super block past 9 months, although my hash power is not little maybe bad luck I don't know.

I am running this board and only I have access to the physical machine that running it. I can guarantee to everyone that "WILL NEVER USE OR GIVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA YOU SUBMITTED DURING REGISTRATION PROCESS OR WILL GIVE IT TO THIRD PARTIES" maybe I have to put it somehow in the agreement during registration. Well I cant guarantee about phpbb have not any bugs, but monitoring it and limited the chance somebody to hack the machine (as much as I can) and get any personal data from it. My point to running this forum is to give good soil riecoin community to grow and the project, which I personally finding for one of the most useful coins algorithm, to survive and go forward.

Ziip have right, to not thrust blindly. Information that can connect person<->wallet address<->node ip is sensitive data, and you should keep it as much as possible in secret. From years riecoin network suffers from flood attacks and when you know wallet_address<->ip_address is very bad. Fortunately since polo delist I dont see these attacks anymore but time will show.

From other hand we have to start trust each other, because we cant create strong community if we do not trust each other. Of course this can happen immediately and words do not earn trust, actions do.