rieMiner - Solo + pooled Riecoin mining

Current existing mining softwares
Pttn

rieMiner - Solo + pooled Riecoin mining

Post by Pttn » 30 Aug 2018, 15:58

rieMiner is a new Riecoin miner, which is a merging of the original gatra's miner (rminerd) and the latest dave-andersen's one (fastrie): anyone can now easily solo mine Riecoins using the optimized algorithm and pool mine as well. GetBlockTemplate (with custom payout addresses) protocol is used for solo mining, Stratum for pooled mining.

The code was heavily simplified and modernized (made more C++ish), making it much more developer friendly for developers wanting to improve the algorithm. Indeed, the fastrie's code contains many parts of unused or outdated code. The mining algorithm was also be improved thanks to the Rockhawk contributions, and contributions for this are welcome!

A benchmark mode (dummy mining at a constant chosen difficulty) is also provided. Read the rieMiner 0.9's release page to see the changes from fastrie!

Here is the rieMiner's GitHub repository. Read the README.md. You should be able to compile it easily on most systems.
Latest binaries: Standalone Win64, Deb64.

Any suggestion to improve the software is welcome, and I hope that this work will be useful to anyone.

Updates:
- 2018-12-15: rieMiner 0.9 - First stable release :D !
- 2018-11-12: rieMiner 0.9β3 - a big update with miner optimizations by Michael Bell, and many new features, see this post.
- 2018-09-16: rieMiner 0.9β2 - adds an assistant to configure rieMiner without a rieMiner.conf.
- 2018-09-15: rieMiner 0.9β1.5 - drops GetWork support and proposes a better Standard Benchmark.
- 2018-09-14: rieMiner 0.9β1 - Benchmark mode added :D ! Also, some bug fixes, and a huge code refactoring. rieMiner should now be stable enough to replace the older fastrie/xptMiner without problem.
- 2018-09-09: rieMiner 0.9α3 - Experimental Stratum support added! Pooled mining is now possible.
- 2018-09-06: rieMiner 0.9α2 - GetBlockTemplate support (with custom payout addresses) added! Demonstration block.
Last edited by Pttn on 15 Dec 2018, 04:01, edited 12 times in total.
rieMiner - Riecoin solo + pooled miner
Personal Riecoin page (links, download,...)
freebitco.in - earn up to $200 in BTC each hour!

hopguide

Re: rieMiner - Solo mining, pool mining coming soon

Post by hopguide » 01 Sep 2018, 11:35

Thank you for making solo mining efficient and available to everyone, I am looking forward for your updates! These sound promising, keep the good work up!

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 06 Sep 2018, 18:53

rieMiner 0.9α2 (2018-09-06) - GetBlockTemplate support added :D ! You can now easily solo mine with a chosen payout address like RLGzid... and RSoTqU...!

Block 947848 was mined with rieMiner using GetBlockTemplate and a custom payout address.

Stratum support for pooled mining is coming soon as well. Stay tuned and happy mining! I will build official rieMiner binaries once I implemented Stratum and a benchmark mode (this will be the stable 0.9 version), and tested enough.

I am glad that you like my work, hopguide! And thank you IGJ for providing the Testnet node, this helped me a lot.

Edit: wow, I am lucky, today! 30 blocks later, the miner found another one! Block 947878
This one contains transactions, so the GetBlockTemplate implementation seems to work very well.
Solo mining is worth it at such low difficulties!

Edit2: what is happening? I also found the Block Block 947879! 2 blocks in a row, and I am just using 2 CPUs/23 threads!

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 09 Sep 2018, 19:30

rieMiner 0.9α3 (2018-09-09) - Stratum support added :D ! You can now solo + pool mine (although Stratum support is still experimental)

Testing, feedbacks, or even contributions are welcome to fix remaining bugs and improve the miner.

The miner is working for RiePool and XPoolX. However, there is a bug that produces many duplicate shares for powerful CPUs. This problem is present if many threads are used, but seems to disappear if mining with just 4 threads or less (and it seems possible to launch 4 instances using 4 threads for a 16 threads CPU without issue). I will investigate this. Edit: fixed :D !

I do not have an uBlock.it account, so I was not able to test for this pool.

See issues on GitHub
Last edited by Pttn on 10 Sep 2018, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

Pttn

Re: rieMiner - Solo + pooled Riecoin mining

Post by Pttn » 10 Sep 2018, 20:20

IGJ wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 17:13
Ahoy, pttn

Very good work !!!

I have one idea how to optimize for solo mining, maybe 3-5 % not sure

When you solo mine you need 6 primes in a chain, and you dont care for shares (4 primes in a chain). So when you checking with fermat's you can check first if is prime, then 6 if is prime, because it is more often to find 4 chain length than 6 chain length, this way you will save more cpu, rejecting candidate with only 2 fermat checks not with 5 :)

Btw create statistic to see how many candidates per second your miner checking and then add this idea to your miner, so you can compare what will be the boost :)
Thank you! I am glad that you like it!

Your suggestion is interesting, but unfortunately, changing the testing order will not improve anything. The fact that 4-tuples are much more frequent than 6-tuples will not mean that the 6th one will be less likely prime than the other numbers. All the 6 numbers have the same probability to be prime, we will gain nothing by changing the testing order.

Pon13

Post by Pon13 » 11 Sep 2018, 11:54

hi man !
just to inform you that i compiled a x64 windows version of your miner and it works perfectly in ublock.it as well !
https://imgur.com/a/tk0pfeO
https://imgur.com/a/RXjqDBj
* mine.ublock.it = mine.blockocean.com

Many thanks for your work !!

EDIT: Since compiling stuff is not my area of expertise (its been a loooong time from uni), i'd like to ask if there is a way to export the needed .dll in/from MinGW in order to have a stand alone version running straight from windows?

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 11 Sep 2018, 17:48

Thank you for the feedback, Pon13! This is a good news that it also works for uBlock.it :D !
Pon13 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:54
EDIT: Since compiling stuff is not my area of expertise (its been a loooong time from uni), i'd like to ask if there is a way to export the needed .dll in/from MinGW in order to have a stand alone version running straight from windows?
I was able to compile a standalone .Exe in Windows 10 and execute it in a fresh Windows 7 installation :D ! However, this is not a trivial task: you need to recompile LibCurl in order to do the static linking. I will update the code to bêta 1 in 2-3 days with a Benchmark Mode and instructions to compile a standalone executable.

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 14 Sep 2018, 21:13

rieMiner 0.9β1 (2018-09-14) - Benchmark mode added :D ! Also, some bug fixes, and a huge code refactoring.

The miner should now be stable enough to replace the older fastrie/xptMiner without problem. There are also instructions on how to build a standalone executable on Windows.

I am waiting the official Riecoin Wallet update and letting some time to find and fix remaining bugs and do some minor refactoring before releasing the stable rieMiner 0.9. At this moment, official standalone binaries for Windows and probably Linux will be provided.

Edit: rieMiner 0.9β1.5 (2018-09-15) drops GetWork support and proposes a better Standard Benchmark.
Last edited by Pttn on 16 Sep 2018, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

czakris

Post by czakris » 16 Sep 2018, 05:19

Tried to use miner today and got this error:
Connecting to Riecoin server...
SendRPCCall: curl_easy_perform() failed :| - Error
Failure :| ! Retry in 10 seconds...
I am using rieMiner 0.9β1 with these settings:
Host = 127.0.0.1
Port = 28332
User = xxxeeewww
Pass = zzz
Protocol = GetBlockTemplate
Address = xxxeeewww
Tuples = 6
TestTime = 101600
Threads = 8
Sieve = 1073741824
Refresh = 30
How to fix it?

Pttn

Post by Pttn » 16 Sep 2018, 09:18

Did you correctly configure your Riecoin Core according to the README.md? Is your wallet completely synced?
Solo mining specific information

Note that other ways for solo mining (protocol proxies,...) were never tested with rieMiner. It was written specifically for the official wallet and the existing Riecoin pools.

Configure the Riecoin wallet for solo mining

To solo mine with the official Riecoin-Qt wallet, you have to configure it.

- Find the riecoin.conf configuration file. It should be located in /home/username/.riecoin or equivalent in Windows;
- An example of riecoin.conf content suitable for mining is

Code: Select all

rpcuser=(username)
rpcpassword=(password)
rpcport=28332
port=28333
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
connect=(nodeip)
connect=(nodeip)
server=1
daemon=1
The (nodeip) after connect are nodes' IP, you can find a list of the nodes connected the last 24 h here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/#!network . The wallet will connect to these IP to sync. If you wish to mine from another computer, add another rpcallowip=ip.of.the.computer, or else the connection will be refused. Choose a username and a password and replace (username) and (password).
In particular, do not forget rpcallowip=..., server=1 and daemon=1. Example:

Code: Select all

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=-#AnImpossibleToGuessPasswordLulz123#-
rpcport=28332
port=28333
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
connect=nodes.riecoin-community.com
connect=5.9.39.9
connect=37.59.143.10
connect=144.217.15.39
connect=149.14.200.26
connect=178.251.25.240
connect=193.70.33.8
connect=195.138.71.80
connect=198.251.84.221
connect=199.126.33.5
connect=217.182.76.201
server=1
daemon=1